Re: Towards a cleaner build: other output

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build: other output
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 11:56:52 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> *Warning* default value of <<no-type>> tokens changed to QUERY, was
>> NULL_TOKEN
>> *Warning* default value of <<no-type>> tokens changed to TRUE, was QUERY
>> *Warning* default value of <<no-type>> tokens changed to FALSE, was TRUE
>> Grammar in javascript.el contains 2 useless nonterminals and 4 useless rules
>> Grammar in js-wy.el contains 2 useless nonterminals and 4 useless rules
>> Grammar in python-wy.el contains 2 useless nonterminals and 3 useless rules
>> Grammar in python-wy.el contains 4 shift/reduce conflicts
>> Grammar in python.el contains 2 useless nonterminals and 3 useless rules
>> Grammar in python.el contains 4 shift/reduce conflicts
>>
>> These are from cedet, and are warning about grammars containing...
>> useless rules?  Perhaps this is more useful at run-time than at compile
>> time?
>
> This is like running `yacc`: you want those warnings when you run
> `yacc`, not when you use the resulting grammar.

I switched debugging on in wisent and made it tell me what nonterminals
were useless and fixed up the .wy grammars, so now there's no warnings
about that any more.

This is the only remaining output from parsing the grammars now:

Grammar in python-wy.el contains 4 shift/reduce conflicts

Which I have absolutely no idea how to solve...