Re: Towards a cleaner build: other output

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Towards a cleaner build: other output
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 10:05:32 -0400

> Yup; that made the warning go away.  Are the other ones as trivial?

Usually it's pretty trivial, yes, but it may require renaming exported
functions, commands, and variables.

> Not registering prefix "lo" from completion.  Affects:
> ("locate-completion-entry" "locate-completion-entry-retry"
> "locate-completion-db-error" "load-completions-from-file")

IIRC completion.el is really badly behaved w.r.t namespace cleanliness.
If you can clean this up, that'd be great, but I think it'll be less trivial.

> Not registering prefix "*" from ielm.  Affects: ("*" "**" "***" "*1" "*2"
> "*3")

These aren't really definitions, so it's harmless if their "prefix" is
not registered.  I guess we can also avoid the warning by not using
`defvar` on those things.

> Not registering prefix "se" from page-ext.  Affects: ("search-pages"
> "set-page-delimiter")

The right fix there is to rename "everything" to use a "page-" prefix rather
than merely using "page" somewhere in the name.

        Stefan