Re: `process-send-*` performance seems ... bad?

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: `process-send-*` performance seems ... bad?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 10:57:51 -0400

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 at 17:55, Daniel Pittman <address@hidden> wrote:

> ] cat obarray.data > in & wc < out & time fzf -f "hook mode" < in > out ; wait

> The code behind those results is attached

          (let ((default-directory

"/gssh:slippycheeze.c.googlers.com:/google/src/cloud/slippycheeze/work/google3/production/storage/chronicle/")

It looks you're running locally in the shell case, but over TRAMP in
the elisp case. I imagine that could have a pretty large effect on
timing. Is there a reason for binding default-directory like this?