Re: `process-send-*` performance seems ... bad?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: `process-send-*` performance seems ... bad?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:44:54 +0300

> From: Daniel Pittman <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:41:22 -0400
>
> My question here is: is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this the very
> best I could expect from Emacs
> with an external process?

It's hard to say: the program and the setup are entirely non-trivial,
so I wouldn't expect anyone to know the answer off hand.

A useful first step towards understanding what's going on is to
profile your runs using the built-in profiler, and post the full
profiles here.  It is advisable to load all the Lisp files involved in
this as .el, not .elc, because then the profile will be much more
detailed.

Armed with the profile, we can see where the program spends most of
its time, and then take it from there.