Re: master 7555f93: Remove src/macuvs.h from Git repository

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 7555f93: Remove src/macuvs.h from Git repository
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 10:56:29 +0200

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> On 6/21/19 5:21 PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
>> Was having src/macuvs.h in the repository causing a problem?
>> It has changed twice since 2014.
>
> Not a major problem, no. I made the change because Lars ran into
> something; perhaps he can chime in.

I was just puzzled -- it wasn't really a problem.  Putting the file back
in (and adding a comment to the file why it's both in CVS and
autogenerated) would be fine by me.

If there's a practical part to this, it's that running "make" could (in
principle (if somebody changed something in that iso text file)) alter a
checked-in file, and that's...  unusual?  And perhaps confusing?

But perhaps the "clean" targets shouldn't remove the file?  That's
perhaps the most unusual thing of all here -- a tracked file that's
removed by a target...