Re: `message' not outputting the newline "atomically"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: `message' not outputting the newline "atomically"
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 19:08:41 +0300

> From: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 14:11:31 -0700
> Cc: Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> * The buffer should contain only PIPE_BUF bytes, since writes larger
> than that can be split by the operating system anyway so any excess size
> is wasted. On POSIX platforms you can use fpathconf to calculate
> PIPE_BUF for stderr. I don't know how to calculate it on MS-Windows
> platforms, but maybe it doesn't matter and you can just pretend it's
> 1024 or whatever.

I think the equivalent size on Windows should be between 16 and 64KB
(AFAIK, the recent versions of Windows increased it to the latter
value).  But as we are talking about 'fwrite', isn't a more important
value the buffer size of the FILE stream object?  That one is usually
something like 4KB, I think.