Re: regexp linting run in Emacs tree

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: regexp linting run in Emacs tree
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 13:01:31 +0200

5 aug. 2019 kl. 00.57 skrev Paul Eggert <address@hidden>:

> That would slow down and complicate the source a bit. Maybe just add the
> glitch to the delinter's exception list, if any.

There is now a suppression mechanism in relint, so I added suppressions to
fortran.el.

Relint now also checks arguments to `skip-syntax-forward' and
`skip-syntax-backward', which caught something:

lisp/wid-edit.el:3331:34: In call to skip-syntax-forward: Invalid char `s' in
syntax string (pos 1)
  "\\s-"
   ..^
lisp/wid-edit.el:3337:34: In call to skip-syntax-forward: Invalid char `s' in
syntax string (pos 1)
  "\\s-"
   ..^

There are a few hits in the GNU ELPA repository as well.