Re: Lightweight, C-only implementation of Emacs

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Lightweight, C-only implementation of Emacs
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:16:53 -1000

> I'm trying to find a lightweight C-only implementation of Emacs

You might give 'fe' a try. It's a little-known editor that, while very
far from being a full Emacs, has just enough Emacs functionality to be
highly useful for many editing tasks. It has the advantage of being
very small and very fast. And, as I've used it for many years now and
it's become an essential tool for me, I've learned to compile it in
lots of environments. Maybe it will work for you (if all you want to
do is edit text). Find it here:

http://www.moria.de/~michael/fe/

--
Bob Newell