Re: The netsec thread

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: The netsec thread
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 11:40:44 +0200

    >> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
    >> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 04:58:35 +0200
    >> Cc: address@hidden
    >>
    >> I'm not quite sure what to write in the NEWS file beyond what's already
    >> there (that the security has been tightened, but that was already the
    >> case last year :-/), and now it's just slightly more tightened.

    Eli> If there are any specific changes in behavior due to this
    Eli> "tightening", we should consider them for NEWS.

I think those were noted in the changes to NEWS brought in from the
branch. I *could* add something like this as well, although I really
am not in favour of advertising the feature too much, hence the
shouting:

+++
** New user option 'nsm-trust-local-network'.
Allows skipping Network Security Manager checks for hosts on your
local subnet(s).  DEFAULTS TO NIL.  There is a good reason for that,
ensure you know what you are doing before you change it.