Re: Fwd: [ELPA] New package: pspp-mode.el for PSPP/SPSS syntax highlight

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Fwd: [ELPA] New package: pspp-mode.el for PSPP/SPSS syntax highlighting
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2020 09:12:33 -0400

> thanks for your response regarding PSPP mode for emacs in GNU ELPA.
> I think we can simply copy pspp-mode.el to elpa.git and do the necessary
> modifications there.

Having the development/maintenance of `pspp-mode.el` take place in
`elpa.git` is indeed the better option from where I stand, but
would `pspp-mode.el` then be removed from the PSPP Git repository (to
avoid a risk of the two versions going out of sync)?

> The keyword list comes from the SPSS command syntax which is also
> described here:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Command-Index.html#Command-Index
> <https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Command-Index.html#Command-Index>

So I presume the corresponding Elisp code was hand-written?

        Stefan