Re: Fwd: [ELPA] New package: pspp-mode.el for PSPP/SPSS syntax highlight

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Fwd: [ELPA] New package: pspp-mode.el for PSPP/SPSS syntax highlighting
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 17:15:35 +0200

On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 09:12:33AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
     > thanks for your response regarding PSPP mode for emacs in GNU ELPA.
     > I think we can simply copy pspp-mode.el to elpa.git and do the necessary
     > modifications there.

     Having the development/maintenance of `pspp-mode.el` take place in
     `elpa.git` is indeed the better option from where I stand, but
     would `pspp-mode.el` then be removed from the PSPP Git repository (to
     avoid a risk of the two versions going out of sync)?

Probably it would be - but I don't think a decision has been made yet.

     > The keyword list comes from the SPSS command syntax which is also
     > described here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Command-Index.html#Command-Index

<https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Command-Index.html#Command-Index>

     So I presume the corresponding Elisp code was hand-written?

Yes.   That list doesn't change very often.  Perhaps we should check
that it is up to date now.

J'