Re: master 0339325: ; * lisp/progmodes/project.el (project-current): Doc

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 0339325: ; * lisp/progmodes/project.el (project-current): Doc fix.
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 23:07:46 +0300

On 12.07.2020 21:49, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
  The \"transient\" project instance is a special kind of value
  which denotes a project rooted in that directory and includes all
-files under it except for ones that match standard ignores.
+the files under the directory except for those that should be
+ignored (per `project-ignores').

The more accurate way to say this would be

  except for those that are ignored
  in the default 'project-ignores' implementation.

But this is basically a tautology. If we wanted to describe transient's particular behavior we'd have to describe what it actually ignores (and it honors vc-directory-exclusion-list as well as grep-find-ignored-files). But that pretty clunky for one docstring. So perhaps that description should move somewhere. Into the Commentary, maybe. Or directly to the cl-defgeneric's docstring, to which project-current's docstring would after all refer to as "the default `project-ignores' implementation".