Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 13:40:54 +0300

On 17.07.2020 11:13, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

I already weighted in, but in case that wasn't clear: while I think
that "layering" and "abstraction" is a useful structuring technique
when building up complex systems, the interfaces themselves have to
be subject to negotiation, as everything else.

How does this apply to this particular discussion? If you have a better suggestions for the interfaces, I'm all ears.

And Dmitry -- as much respect as I have for your technical skills,
I think you're pushing it a bit too hard.

I'm pushing because it's not the first time this kind of thing happened, and that has been negatively affecting my ability to contribute. I have to draw a line somewhere. Compromises aren't working, Eli simply skips past them.

And because that move: "please explain -- I write 3 screenfuls -- no, you didn't explain anything", is infuriating.