Re: A question about overlays and performance.

From: Jeff Norden
Subject: Re: A question about overlays and performance.
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 12:24:49 -0500

Thanks for the fast (nearly instantaneous!) response.
>> Is there a way to predict how many overlays will be "too many" and
>> start to slow thing down?
>
> Thousands.
That's great.  The number of overlays I'd create would certainly be less
than 1000.

>> Does the configuration of the overlays play a role?
>
> What do you mean by "configuration" in this context?

I wondered if the simple overlay layout that I described would have less
of an effect than if they were scattered about and intersected in many
different ways.  But if it takes thousands to affect performance, then
that doesn't really matter for my case.

Thanks again!
-Jeff