Re: search-invisible and friends

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: search-invisible and friends
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 17:43:22 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 14:39:37 +0200
>
> Does Emacs have this functionality somewhere?

I don't think so.

> If not, I think it should, and perhaps (or perhaps not?) by
> piggy-backing on the search-invisible variable.

How about extending search-invisible to support additional properties,
by providing some variable that would hold the list of such
properties?  Then we could also avoid searching in text that is
visible, if some Lisp needs that (for example, you could have a form
where you'd like to search only the writable fields).