Re: search-invisible and friends

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: search-invisible and friends
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 14:35:50 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Right, but we wouldn't to re-implement the test in isearch.el, so the
>> question is to find an existing function which gives us the answer.
>
> We'd need to write it, I think.

So basically mash up this stuff into a convenient DEFUN?

          && !NILP (val = get_char_property_and_overlay
                              (make_fixnum (PT), Qdisplay, selected_window,
                               &overlay))
          && display_prop_intangible_p (val, overlay, PT, PT_BYTE)

Like, er, `has-replacing-text-property-p'?

I also read the "Display Specs That Replace The Text" node in the
manual, but I'm not quite sure what the relevance is here -- it talks
about how (display) text properties are collated (i.e., merged over eq
sequences of text), but does isearch have to deal with that?