Re: search-invisible and friends

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: search-invisible and friends
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 11:10:33 -0400

> Does Emacs have this functionality somewhere?  If not, I think it
> should, and perhaps (or perhaps not?) by piggy-backing on the
> search-invisible variable.

It'd be very natural to extend the current behavior to also ignore text
that's hidden via `display` rather than via `invisible`, but please be
careful not to consider all `display` properties as hiding the text,
since some do and some don't (not sure which is the official definition
of which do and which don't.  Maybe `display_prop_intangible_p` does
the trick?).

        Stefan