Re: [ELPA] New package: shell-command+

From: Philip K.
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: shell-command+
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 11:38:40 +0200

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

> May I suggest (in spite of it is very simple) you to add the
> configuration lines in the Readme and package description for new users?
>
> If you want to add also the use-package config I have this in my init
> file too:
>
> (use-package bang
>    :ensure t
>    :bind ("M-!" . bang))

The README for bang still has a line like this, but I removed it for
shell-command+, as use-package isn't in ELPA. My hope was that the line

        `shell-command+' is a `shell-command' substitute

would be enough, but maybe

        (global-set-key (kbd "M-!") #'shell-command+)

would help? shell-command+ is auto-loaded, so it should be the same, and
anyone using use-package or similar packages should be able to translate
this into their language.

The only issue is that I can't commit anything to the ELPA repo, who
would I have to contact to request that access?

--
        Philip K.