Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 05:45:11 -0400

   On 25.09.2020 07:38, Richard Stallman wrote:
   > If there is an important reason to change it, I will consult again.
   > But that would take considerable time and effort, and so far I have
   > not seen an important reason to change it.

   One would think that being told again and again, by various people
   including a current and former Emacs maintainer, that it is an
   unnecessary nuisance, would be such reason.

Emacs maintainers aren't legal exprts, so they are not the best to
decide if it is unnecessary or not, so one would think that being told
again and again that this is the advice by the FSF that is agood
enough reason to keep such a notice...