Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: splash-screen
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 13:03:08 +0300

On 27.09.2020 12:47, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
On my system, latest versions of GDB, GCC, and Binutils programs all
show this in their "--version" output, which is the equivalent of the
Emacs splash screen (since Emacs is primarily an interactive GUI/TUI
program, not a console application).

I would argue that "--version" corresponds to our "About" screen. As it is also for most other graphical applications. Many of them don't have any splash screen to begin with.

Our splash screen should be more comparable to launching GCC or GDB with no arguments. When one does that, GDB does print the "NO WARRANTY" message, and GCC does not.