Re: Sticky tooltips

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Sticky tooltips
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 05:41:42 +0300

> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 22:04:50 +0200
>
> Somebody suggested for sticky tooltips the other day; Mr. Eli Z.
> explained about tooltips, when compiled in Gtk are controlled by Gtk.
>
> So I wonder - do they need to be?

They don't have to be, we just use that as the default.  We have a
variable to turn that off and use our own tooltips.

I presume GTK users would prefer the GTK tooltips, though, because
they preserve the look-and-feel of the other GTK applications, and can
be customized in the same ways.

> I tested idea with a sticky tooltip based on just ordinary buffer
> displayed in a child frame.

You propose to switch to "tooltips" that pop up in a special buffer?