Re: Sticky tooltips

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Sticky tooltips
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 07:20:10 +0300

* Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> [2020-09-29 06:39]:
> > Under EXWM is not working so well.
>
> Probably, and probably with many other x11 managers. A WM can do
> whatever (reparent, resize etc) and all those requests about
> decorations, visibility etc are usually just hints that WM can but does
> not need to implement. I don't know what exwm does or how Emacs passes
> all this data to WM.
>
> It was anyway just a quick test to show how "sticky" tooltip might
> look-like, interface wise.

Yes, the concept I got. There was small check box, it was not possible
to check it that it sticks. When clicked, some blue cursor appeared on
the sticky tooltip. My theme was dark, the box was not really visible,
maybe it was dark too. It looks like sticky notes on Gnome desktop.

It is great that such features are easily implementable.

Thank you for demo.