Re: Opening Up More Keymaps Re: Standardizing more key bindings?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Opening Up More Keymaps Re: Standardizing more key bindings?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 23:27:06 -0400

>> > that's an interesting perspective.  Am surprized that you feel tty
>> > users would find C-z z significantly harder than just C-z as the key
>> > to suspend Emacs.
>> I assume tty users have "C-z to suspend" hardwired in their fingers and
>> would be quite surprised if any application decides to use another
>> binding for it.
> Do they?  Perhaps we should have a survey.  FWIW, I use "C-x C-z" for
> that since about forever (I need "C-z" for something much more useful
> and frequent).

In my case, the reason I have it "hardwired" is because most
applications don't offer any option to customize it, so I only get to
choose between `C-z` and `C-z`.

Any other choice in Emacs makes Emacs stand out as the odd guy (tho, it
is true that there are some exceptions for programs like `tmux` or
`mosh`).

        Stefan