Re: The Emacs master is much slower than the emacs-27 branch.

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: The Emacs master is much slower than the emacs-27 branch.
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 16:07:03 +0100

> -Og is the recommended setting for the edit/build/debug cycle [1],
> because it *improves* debug info accuracy over -O0 *and* also runs
> faster, which is a significant bonus. So IMHO it is a good thing to not
> regress -Og too much. -O0, on the other hand, shouldn't be a concern.
>
> 1. https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize-Options.html

Apparently I currently can't use -Og when comparing benchmarks of older
Emacsen with Emacs 28 ones because the former don't use static inlines.
I just wanted to know whether -O0 builds of Emacs 28 are also affected
by Paul's change because it's those I use for debugging.  Neither -O0
nor -Og builds are useful for normal editing here.

martin