Add additional style for :box

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Add additional style for :box
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 17:01:13 +0100

Hi,

Working on including emacs-26 and emacs-27 faces in the default themes, a thing has come to my mind: "modern" GUI styles tend not to have 3D effects. So the 'released-button' and 'pressed-button' styles don't help creating clean faces.

In my case, I redefine the tab-line and I make it inherit from fringe.
I normally add some extra space, so I want to
:inherit fringe :box (:line-width 3 :background <bg in fringe>)

It would be much easier if we had something like this:
:inherit fringe :box (:line-width 3 :style modern)

Any change I make in the fringe style (normally way above in the themes) would automatically trickle to the tab-line, making theme definition much more comfortable...

Just my 2*10^6 cents,
/Pedro A.
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler