Re: Add additional style for :box

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Add additional style for :box
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 07:21:42 +0100

Hi Eli,

unfortunately not. :style nil takes the _fore_ground for the box and I'm looking for the _back_ground

:style nil
Screenshot-20201208071520-101x110.png

what I want
Screenshot-20201208071702-126x105.png

In a general case, if you are deriving from another face, you have to write the background colour twice: in the face you are deriving from and in the face :inheri ing the definition. This, any change in the parent face implies a change in the derived face and that's not exactly convenient...

Best, /PA

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020 at 17:21, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 17:01:13 +0100
>
> It would be much easier if we had something like this:
> :inherit fringe :box (:line-width 3 :style modern)

Doesn't ':style nil' do what you want?

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler