Re: Tramp and conversion of \r\n into \n

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp and conversion of \r\n into \n
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:15:11 +0100

APEL Martin <Martin.APEL@3ds.com> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi Martin,

> I am one of the people affected by an issue, which comes from
> somewhere between lsp-mode and TRAMP. In my case it is between two
> Linux systems. I opened an issue in the bug tracker for lsp-mode
> (https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/issues/2375), which describes
> the issue in more detail.
>
> I am happy to provide additional information, if I can.

Thanks for the offer. I would like to debug it myself, because I expect
subtle Tramp problems which might not be seen even in the
traces. However, I'm a n00b wrt lsp-mode. Could you pls give me a short
"lsp-mode for dummies", that I can setup and test myself? I've started
yesterday already, but I've failed to find proper lsp server and client
installation instructions.

I'm running Fedora 33, if that matters.

> Best Regards,
>
> Martin