Re: Tramp and conversion of \r\n into \n

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp and conversion of \r\n into \n
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 12:37:50 +0100

APEL Martin <Martin.APEL@3ds.com> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Martin,

I've followd your recipe. My local machine runs Fedora 33, the remote
machine runs Ubuntu 20.10.

> Steps to do:
> 1. Setup clangd: The clangd version you mentioned is rather old, but
> you can try, if lsp mode works with that version. Otherwise I have
> added a small build script, which will generate clangd from its
> sources. It should install clangd somewhere into your path. This needs
> to be done on the 'remote' machine.

I have installed the Ubuntu package of clangd. It is

# apt list clangd
Listing... Done
clangd/groovy,now 1:11.0-51~exp1 amd64 [installed]
clangd/groovy 1:11.0-51~exp1 i386

> 2. Put the wrapper-script somewhere into your path on the 'remote' machine.
> This simply redirects stdout and stderr of clangd, when it is invoked. This
> is referenced by the Emacs configuration.

Done. clangd path name adapted to /usr/bin/clangd.

> 3. Unpack the small example project and run the init.sh script in the project
> directory on the 'remote' machine. It will run cmake with the necessary
> options to generate a compile_commands.json file, which is needed by clangd.

Done.

> 4. Install lsp-mode with all its dependencies on the 'local' machine.

Done. I've taken lsp-mode 20201209.1825 from MELPA.

> 5. Make sure the initializations from the .el file are executed.

Done.

> 6. Now try to open the main.cpp file on the remote machine in Emacs on the
> local machine. This should trigger the start of clangd via lsp-mode. If the
> error occurs, the modeline shows 'clangd starting' forever.

No error happened, everything looks normal. What else could I do?

> Hope this helps,
>
> Martin

Best regards, Michael.