Re: elpa.git and `new-master`

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: elpa.git and `new-master`
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 19:33:20 +1100

On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 at 05:58, Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> wrote:

>   As a result, I decided to create a fresh `new-master` branch which
>   doesn't share its history with `master`.  This new branch will replace
>   `master` in the coming days.

In keeping with the Black Lives Matter movement, can we name this branch
"main" instead of "master"?

IMO this is misguided political correctness which is likely to create unnecessary friction with little benefit for the movement. If anything, runs the risk of creating a distraction which undermines the real and important issues highlighted by the black lives matter movement.

--
regards,

Tim

--