Re: elpa.git and `new-master`

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: elpa.git and `new-master`
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 13:48:10 +0000

The example creates a new branch 'main' but you could just as well just rename the master branch to main:

  git branch -m master main

Since we're (for some Stefan-like values of "we") doing a rare reorg of a source repo, and everybody will have to re-pull the ELPA repo anyway, I'm all for taking this unique opportunity to call the main branch in ELPA "main".

Could we not adopt "trunk" again, instead of "master" or "main"?