Re: A tip: how to display longer function names in profiler-report

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: A tip: how to display longer function names in profiler-report
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 18:14:18 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 11:52:34 -0600, Stefan Kangas wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> > It's annoyed me for a long time that profiler-report wastes so much
> > horizontal screen space, and truncates function names horribly.  And
> > that's in CC Mode, which has a very short package prefix, "c-".

> Would profiler-report-mode be a good candidate for using
> tabulated-list-mode?  The latter has commands for expanding columns.

I think profiler-report-mode might well be such a candidate.  I wasn't
actually aware of tabulated-list-mode before your post.

I don't know how difficult it would be to adapt the profiler for it.  It
is essentially uncommented source code which, additionally, uses quite a
few obscure cl-... facilities.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).