Re: Emacs as a word processor

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Emacs as a word processor
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 20:07:54 +0000

I like the idea of TeXMacs, especially using a tree (like DOM)
instead of sequential array.
I think DOM tree is the right way to make a word processor.
One example that sequential array doesn’t do well
is wrapping text around a figure, or two column text inside
a one column document.
There’s more example about other kind of layout.

However there’s so many things in Emacs that won’t run
on TeXMacs.
Maybe we could wait for guile-emacs and then write
some wrapper in scheme to run Emacs packages on TeXMacs?