Re: Emacs as a word processor

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Emacs as a word processor
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 20:56:28 +0000

Thanks to all for your reactions. Just to be clear, I do not need and would not use any of those features myself. But I would like to understand / clarify what RMS wants. So here is the list again, with checkboxes:

[ ] import / export Microsoft Word files
[ ] import / export Open Document Format (.odt) files
[ ] import / export RTF files
[ ] export to a PDF file
[ ] select a font and its size
[ ] apply a bold / italic / underline / strikethrough effect
[ ] use superscripts / subscripts
[ ] apply a left / center / right / justified effect
[ ] apply pixel-level fill / justification / indentation effects
[ ] change the font color and the background color
[ ] create / edit lists (with numbers / letters / bullets)
[ ] insert and change tables
[ ] insert pictures
[ ] define / use / modify styles
[ ] print preview / print