Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 17:24:15 +0200

The function y-or-n-p originally used to read only a small set of
character commands.  In Emacs 27.1 we changed it to use
read-from-minibuffer, which means users now can easily switch out of
the minibuffer while the question they were asked is still not
answered.

This could confuse some users, especially if they aren't used to
working with recursive minibuffers.  Richard tells me it happened to
him several times.

Would it make sense to add a user option to disallow switching from
the minibuffer in the middle of y-or-n-p?  Then people who get
confused by this could set it to avoid the confusion.