Re: master bf7041a: Centralize subprocess creation in a single function.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master bf7041a: Centralize subprocess creation in a single function.
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 18:01:34 +0100

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> I've never poked around in the gnulib stuff, so I'm not sure how it's
>> supposed to work.  But I did a "mkdir lib/deps/malloc", and that fixed
>> the build, so I guess something is ether not creating that directory, or
>> the deps files are supposed to be in libs/deps, and not in
>> lib/deps/malloc?
>
> Or perhaps lib/malloc/* wasn't supposed to be in a sub-directory?  It's
> the only sub-directory in lib that has .c files?

OK, the lib/deps dir is created here in "configure":

if test $AUTO_DEPEND = yes; then
   for dir in $AUTODEPEND_PARENTS; do
     as_dir=$dir/deps; as_fn_mkdir_p
   done
fi

So either this has to also mkdir lib/deps/malloc (which seems odd), or
the lib/malloc/* files should be moved up one step.  But they're
presumably in a sub-directory for a reason?