Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 16:49:50 +0000

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 5:53 AM Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:

>   > Would it make sense to add a user option to disallow switching from
>   > the minibuffer in the middle of y-or-n-p?  Then people who get
>   > confused by this could set it to avoid the confusion.
>
> Please do!  If you are happy with the current behavior, just don't
> set the option.

To be honest I'd also welcome such an option that quits the
minibuffer input immediately after switching away from it to
another window.  No just y-or-n-p: every minibuffer-prompt.

I realize I would lose the ability to go search in other buffers
for answers to the prompt being offered in the minibuffer, but I
\would still prefer it to the confusion of leaving something
hanging there.  It always gets me, even after many years
of Emacs.

I'm sure there's are multiple Elisp snippets that achieve
this, I wonder if someone can think of a simple one and
post it here.

Thanks,
João