Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 14:20:59 +0100

>> There are two orthogonal issues here: Whether to enable recursive
>> minibuffers and whether to allow leaving the minibuffer window while
>> asking a 'y-or-n-p' question.  The above addresses the latter only.
>
> Isn't that enough to solve the problem which started this thread?

I'm not sure.  For example, we can currently nest an invocation of a
'yes-or-no-p' question within the scope of a 'y-or-n-p' question.  This
was impossible before and means that the user will either still be able
to leave the minibuffer window even when it was locked by a 'y-or-n-p'
(if we adopt the environmental solution I mentioned in the other thread)
or that a nested 'yes-or-no-p' question no longer allows to leave the
minibuffer window.  Maybe these are just contrived cases but I have no
idea how many similar, more realistic ones exist.

martin