Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 14:01:27 +0300

* Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> [2020-12-26 13:25]:

>   > I'm not sure.  For example, we can currently nest an invocation of a
>   > 'yes-or-no-p' question within the scope of a 'y-or-n-p' question.
>
> I'd like the old behavior for y-or-n-p, where any character not on
> the list of special ones will err out of it.  With that behavior,
> the question about nesting yes-or-no-p inside won't matter.

I hope that gets included as an option, as for the reason that user
shall not be locked in a minibuffer, it makes Emacs not accessible and
annoying. User has to have option to switch to other buffers, to
consult oneself or obtain more information before answering, and come
back, additionally ? for help shall be allowed and C-h m/k and other
info functions.

Maybe is good to introduce `y-or-n-p-modal' function that does that
for programmers who need that specific.