Re: Confused by y-or-n-p

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Confused by y-or-n-p
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 14:20:16 +0100

>>   > (defun minibuffer-lock ()
>>   >    (when (active-minibuffer-window)
>>   >      (select-window (active-minibuffer-window))))
>>   >
>>   > (add-hook 'post-command-hook #'minibuffer-lock)
>>
>> That's too harsh because it would affect all minibuffer interactions.
>
> Not if done only by the relevant commands/functions, right?

Wouldn't that mean that each of these commands/functions would have to
establish its own "lock-environment" to ensure that a nested invocation
of another command/function is not affected and, when returning from one
recursive environment, the correct state of locking is restored?  Maybe
it's easy to do that but with our minibuffer windows jumping from one
frame to another it doesn't look entirely trivial to me.

martin