Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Tomas Hlavaty
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 10:48:39 +0100

On Thu 24 Dec 2020 at 23:29, Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> wrote:
> This is equivalent to deciding to consider white-on-black to be a mode
> of display rather than a property of the document.  I think it makes
> sense.

It is trivial for monochromatic documents.  The question is: What should
happen if there was another third color in the document?  Should that
third color stay the same on black display and white paper?  Emacs kind
of solves this for display by manually defining faces for each use-case
(black or white background).  But is there a better, automatic way
suitable for printing?  Or maybe the buffer should simply use the same
background as paper?  Is it possible to reverse reverse-video per
buffer?