Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Tomas Hlavaty
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 21:55:03 +0100

On Wed 23 Dec 2020 at 20:10, Daniel Martín <mardani29@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Tomas Hlavaty <tom@logand.com> writes:
>> I hit a problem with WYSIWYG when trying to implement the WYG part
>> for emacs-pdf: My console emacs has black background but my paper is
>> white.  Any ideas how to handle this use-case in WYSIWYG editor?
>
> I'd say that when you render for printing you should always generate a
> document with black text over a white background.  Unless the user
> explicitly changes the face of parts of the text, in which case you
> respect them.  That's not truly WYSIWYG, but seems like a sensible
> approach to iterate on.

Yes, that's what I do at the moment and it works fine for monochrome
output.

But if the buffer has colored text and I do not want monochrome output,
how should those colors be chosen?  I do not think that swaping black
and white and keeping all other colors intact would give good results.
And I do not think there is a formula to reverse video colors, or is
there?