Re: Copyright assignment and questions about package submission

From: Daniel Semyonov
Subject: Re: Copyright assignment and questions about package submission
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 11:30:57 +0200

> Actually, it looks like a simple error where you used division instead
> of logarithm, thus constructing a `sws-ids` that's exponentially longer
> than the one you need.   The patch below makes it usable for me.

Thanks, I've applied the patch (with minor modifications).

> [ I'd still argue that you shouldn't bother to construct the whole
>    `sws-ids` list but instead keep a counter which lets you build the
>    "next" id on the fly.   But that's up to you.   ]

I've done some testing with a large number of windows (with the patch
applied) and building the list doesn't seem to introduce any noticeable
delay.  I do agree that it isn't a very clean solution though. I'll see
if I can implement this in a better way.