Re: Multi-OS Emacs buildbot?

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: Multi-OS Emacs buildbot?
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 10:03:30 +0100

On Sat, Dec 26 2020, Michael Albinus wrote:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> Well, the "make check" output is pretty regular, so it shouldn't be very
>> difficult to recognise.

GitLab is able to parse JUnit [1] formatted test output. It's an XML
format specified by IBM [2].

But as far as I know, it's currently not possible to include these
results in the pipeline emails. So that won't help us much at this
point.

>>> The best approximation I can think of is to add the last N lines of the
>>> log file to the notification message.
>>
>> That's better than nothing.
>
> Yes. Toon, I have no idea whether this would be possible in the mail
> template?

Until a few months ago the last 30 lines of the log were included in the
emails. But unfortunately they were removed [3] for security and
performance reasons. There is a follow-up issue [4] to discuss an
alternative.

We can apply a patch to our installation to revert the above, we did
something like this before. But there's an automatic update set up on
the machine, so we need a mechanism to reapply the patch after updating.

--
Toon

[1] https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/ci/unit_test_reports.html
[2]