Re: Do shorthands break basic tooling (tags, grep, etc)? (was Re: Shorth

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Do shorthands break basic tooling (tags, grep, etc)? (was Re: Shorthands have landed on master)
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2021 14:16:21 -0400

>> I see no need to push any of this to `emacs-28`, so all my
>> recommendations are for `master` here.
> Then what do you suggest we do on the release branch?

Absolutely nothing.  This is a very minor convenience issue and it has
no impact at all for now given the absence of code making use of that
new feature.  So I see absolutely no hurry to add such a feature to
Emacs-28 (as opposed to the hurry there was to add
`read-symbol-shorthands` itself).

        Stefan