Re: Elisp LSP Server

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: Elisp LSP Server
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 11:10:33 +0200

Le lundi 11 octobre 2021, 09:34:56 CEST Po Lu a écrit :
> Ag Ibragimov <agzam.ibragimov@gmail.com> writes:
> > Not quite. I'm not suggesting at all integrating with proprietary
> > software. I'm merely curious if anyone has ever thought about
> > implementing an LSP server for Emacs Lisp.  LSP is a standard and an
> > open specification. There already exist several dozen implementations
> > of Language Protocol servers for many different languages.
>
> But an LSP server for Emacs Lisp would, for the reasons you have
> mentioned, be used for proprietary software.  The ability of people to
> utilize imenu in Emacs Lisp code on GitHub would encourage people to use
> the proprietary software that GitHub requires.

Seeing those regular discussions about anti-freedom interoperability
(while usually interoperability is a user freedom), I still hope that
there is a solution, such as copyleft was decades ago… and can’t help but
think that if SSPL is juridically sound, it could help so (like, extending
copyleft beyond dynamic linking, to general inter-process communication
and services).  Has FSF advanced on that subject?