comint-mime and loccur update (was: [RFC] MIME attachments for comint)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: comint-mime and loccur update (was: [RFC] MIME attachments for comint)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 12:44:40 -0400

Augusto Stoffel wrote:
> All right, let' add it "right now" then :-)

Done.

> I've made the necessary changes, but I guess I'll wait until Emacs 28 is
> out to make an official release, since the package depends on it.

Not in the mood for time travel, eh?

> PS: The loccur package is outdated on ELPA, could you pull the newest
> version?  FWIW, I didn't get a reply from the maintainer when I asked if
> he wanted to have auto-sync, but I can report that he was careful to
> check that I have the CA papers before merging a patch from me.

Any chance someone could update the upstream loccur?

Currently, the upstream code and the elpa.git code have diverged:

    Upstream of loccur has DIVERGED!

      Local changes:
    b232bc34d4  alexey.vereten..  * packages/loccur/loccur.el: Updated to
version 1.2.4
    ca9c2159f3  monnier@iro.um..  * packages/loccur/loccur.el (loccur,
loccur-current): Autoload.

      Upstream changes:
    01b7afa625  fourier@proton..  Updated function names
    2120345933  fourier@proton..  Updated version to 1.2.5
    9cd6c9eb17  fourier@proton..  Merge pull request #14 from astoff/master
    d4b286a0db  fourier@proton..  Updated contribution information and added
license
    75bbd853d5  arstoffel@gmai..  Add loccur-isearch
    284d7bb285  fourier@proton..  Added melpa badge
    4934c0560d  alexey.vereten..  Updated version and comments
    099e8999b0  alexey.vereten..  Fixed issue #12
    194d70e6be  alexey.vereten..  Fixed issue #8
    5650277d58  alexey.vereten..  Implemented solution for the issue #9.
    650d91dda0  txm.fourier@gm..  Merge pull request #7 from
syohex/fix-min-version
    0e3234586d  syohex@gmail.com  Set minimum Emacs version

So, we'd need someone with write access to the upstream repo to merge
the b232bc34d4 and ca9c2159f3 commits into it (I don't know if the code
changes are still needed, but we do need the metadata to be merged so
that we can bring the upstream into elpa.git via a fast-forward).

        Stefan