RE: [External] : Re: Moving kbd to subr.el

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Moving kbd to subr.el
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 04:58:46 +0000

> do we need to demand "C-<return>" instead of
> "C-return" in our strictly user-facing function?
> Maybe not.

Not.  Whether "strictly user-facing" or not
(whatever you might mean by that phrase).

See what I wrote (and implemented in naked.el).
Angle brackets can easily be made optional.

They could be dropped altogether (they weren't
used before Emacs 21), but it's trivial to keep
them as optional.

> But we should IMO definitely demand that if
> you want to bind a command to the six
> character sequence, you need to specify that
> as "r e t u r n".

`kbd' says (today) you need to use SPC, not " ".
I don't see that as a bad thing, for key-sequence
descriptions.  That's the way Emacs (*Help*)
talks to you about such key sequences.  SPC is
no different from RET or DEL or TAB or ...