Re: Re: Alternatives for reliable build environments for emacs?

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Re: Alternatives for reliable build environments for emacs?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 07:25:23 +0200

Hi Tim,

> I do something very similar, but use kvm/qemu rather than virtualBox.
> The virt-manager program makes this trivial to do and means you can
> avoid using an Oracle product! The virt-manager program is included in
> most GNU Linux distros. Setting up a basic VM is just as easy as
> virtualBox. Setting things up to do bridge rather than NAT networks is
> slightly more work, but once you have things setup on the host, guest
> configuration is easy. However, often, all I need is NAT based
> networking anyway.

Cool, I know I should try. I rely on vbox instead of virt-manager, because
it is much more multi-platform and in my 'irreal' life I have to cope with people
having all kinds of OSes and vbox seems to me easier when you need to
provide a common look-and-feel from the installation onwards
(once you overcome the quirks of the closed OSes)

But sure, I'll take a look at virt-manager too :-) Let's see how that plays with
cloud-init.

Best, /PA
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler