Re: minibuffer-complete and completion-cycle-threshold

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: minibuffer-complete and completion-cycle-threshold
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2022 14:39:11 -0400

> The doc for this setting (appended at the end) is misleading with
> respect to how minibuffer-complete works.
>
> (setq completion-cycle-threshold 3)
> M-x loa TAB
> Available choices are  load-library and load-file but TAB only gives
> you load-library.

I don't know whether I misunderstand you or whether you see something
else than I, but when I try:

    src/emacs -Q --eval '(setq completion-cycle-threshold 3)'
    M-x loa TAB

I get the minibuffer to be expanded to `load-file`.  If I then hit TAB
a few more times, that cycles thorugh `load-theme`, `load-library`, and
back to `load-file`.

That's the behavior I expected.  Is that what you see as well (if so,
what behavior did you expect instead)?

        Stefan