Re: Support fullscreen values fullheight and fullwidth on pgtk

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Support fullscreen values fullheight and fullwidth on pgtk
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 10:30:16 +0800

Florian Rommel <mail@florommel.de> writes:

> On Mon, 2022-07-04 at 10:20 +0800, Po Lu wrote:
>> Thanks, now installed.
>
> Unfortunately, I just discrovered that the change causes a problem with
> `toggle-frame-fullscreen'.
>
> `toggle-frame-fullscreen' saves the current window state and tries to
> restore it.  Because GTK does not support setting fullheight or
> fullwidth (and we therefore ignore these values in (set-frame-parameter
> 'fullscreen)), we cannot change back once the fullscreen state changes
> from 'fullheight or 'fullwidth to 'fullboth.
>
> Apart from reverting the commit, we could fix this by setting the
> 'fullscreen parameter to nil and restoring the frame (this is the
> closest to fullheight and fullwidth we can get with gtk), see the
> attached patch.

Actually, I think we need a more general mechanism to report which
`fullscreen' states can be set, and then to use that in
`toggle-frame-fullscreen' (and other places that set the
`fullscreen-restore' frame parameter.)

So this:

  (if (memq fullscreen-restore '(maximized fullheight fullwidth))

would probably become

  (if (display-supports-fullscreen-p fullscreen-restore)

WDYT?